RACKSPACE CLOUD GUIDE
DivineCloud provides very easy integration with Rackspace cloud for on-boarding the servers located in Rackspace cloud.
Please make sure you have read the Public Cloud guide section first, before proceeding with this sub-section.
To on-board servers, located in the Rackspace cloud listed above, we need to do the following:
- 1. Go to Nodes -> Create a new (+) inventory -> Provide Inventory Name -> select "Associate with Cloud Account" option
- 2. Choose Rackspace cloud shown in the form
- 3. Provide the userid, password, & region for accessing the selected Rackspace cloud account
- 4. Select Next -> This will bring up a list of all the Servers accessible from the selected Rackspace cloud account.
- 5. Provide additional information as requested. Example: Node Display ID, Credentials, Tag Name, Stack Name
- 6. Select Save
Figures below show the screenshot of all the forms for on-boarding servers located in Rackspace cloud
Few things to note in the screenshot below:
- 1. Display ID : This is a user-friendly name for your server. It has to be 5 characters or less. If not provided, system will create one for you.
- 2. Name : By default, this is the name provided for server in Rackspace cloud. users can change it to a different value if needed.
- 3. IP : One or more IP address for the server. Please make sure, you select the right IP address, for cases where there are more than one IP address.
- 4. Credential : Provide the right node credentials. If not created, leave empty, and later when new credentials is created, make sure to associate Node with that credential.
- 5. Jump Host : Select the right Jump host, if any. This is applicable for scenarios where one has to connect to bastion host before connecting to the server.
- 6. Multi-Auth : Check this box, if the server requires multiple authentication for connecting.
- 7. Tags : Associate the server with zero or more tags, as applicable.
Once the above steps are completed, all the servers from the selected Rackspace cloud account will be successfully on-boarded into DivineCloud.
Select the newly created Inventory name located in the Nodes Right Panel, and you should see the list of all the newly on-boarded servers in the Nodes panel area below.
Once all the nodes are added, it's a good idea to verify all the node information is correct, by, selecting the Inventory, and clicking on the Ping button located on the top of Inventory Panel.